Thursday 30 August 2012

Lighthouse

Hello stampers!
At long last the intense heat has stopped and it's much cooler here today, which makes everybody feel so much better. I guess this also means that somehow summer has come to an end, alas. I have another card to share with you today, and it's a male card this time. I always struggle with male cards, which I find the hardest to make, but that gorgeous lighthouse stamp seemed perfect for the purpose - it surely makes a great focal image, not to mention that I love lighthouses!! I used some cream and brown carstock and just one layer of designer paper. Edges were sponged with vintage photo Distress ink. I coloured my image with Copics and - no easy task - but I resisted the urge to add glitter, pearls or lace, ugh! Now you understand why I find male cards so difficult to put together, I have to exercise some restraint every time! LOL I added some double stitched ribbon, though, trying to keep the card very simple.

Have a nice afternoon!
Hugs, Vittoria

No comments:

Post a Comment